Friday, January 22, 2010

Friends...Good and Bad

I did a blog post just yesterday and yet I'm back again to do another. This time around, I'm doing about friends. I'm only doing this because I feel that I have to voice out my opinion about this matter and I'm also rushing to finish my school deadline. Okay, let's get back to the topic at hand.

Like I said, friends... they can do a great deal of influence on people around them. For example like me, I just went on to another school. And not long later, I started playing yugioh and joined facebook even I didn't know how to play yugioh at first and I despised having a facebook acount. Why did I do that? Well because of the simple reason that my friends have an overwhelming influence over me as I tend to give way to them in order not to upset or anger them in any way possible.

Fortunately, the friends that I made are not the kind who takes advantage of me or takes me for granted, but in primary school... that's a different case. Back then, while I was still small, I didn't have many friends as they often stay away from me due to me being quite obese. Even if I did make friends, they weren't true ones unlike the ones I have now. But something kept me going in those dark times, when I was 2 and a half years old, my mother brought me over to meet with one of her friends's son and soon we became the best of friends. I can you tell you this, our friendship lasted for over eight years and whoo! That's a pretty long time if you ask me.

However, things gradually came to an end when I was in primary four, my friend migrated to Shanghai as his father was moved there, in order to not have such a complicated family, they decided to go ahead with it. Fortuitously, our birthday's were just two days apart and thus decided to celebrate our birthdays on the same day to make much more grand than before. And finally when he left, I felt lonely for once but slowly that went away when I made new friends and I was happy again.

The thing is that friends can make you change your mind easily or even alter the way you think with a snap of a finger. i had my fair share of having bad friends in which they left after they got what they wanted from me, but also there are friends who are willing to go to great lengths just to help them. Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who would pratically do anything to help someone regardless of friend or foe. If you do have this kind of experience to share, then fine by me, I'm all ears. However, if you never had a taste of having a friend stab you in the back maybe you're just... lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment