Friday, January 15, 2010

One of my interests... Music (School assignment)


Hi, I'm back once again. However, this time around, I'm going to talk about one of my interests... and that's music. I've already explained that I was interested in music as it was one of my hobbies in my first post while i was introducing myself. Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised.

Moving on, what makes music so interesting that it became one of my hobbies? It's because I love listening to different genres of music, also it can help soothe or calm someone else too. It's due this reason that gave birth to my ultimate goal and dream as well. As a result, I often go onto youtube to watch so many music videos just to listen to the music! I at least spent about 2-3 hours a day, either surfing the internet for good songs or to just download songs which I like.

Did you know that I often use music to help me study or read my textbooks? Srangely, it has an effect on me, as it helps me memorise the text in the books a lot easier and faster. When I'm free, I try to spend that amount of time, to either learn a new piece or compose a new song just for entertainment value. I'm SO obsessed with music that sometimes, I either sing in the bathroom while showering or lock myself in my own bedroom and sing out loud to my heart's content.


I don't just say that I enjoy music as my hobby and interest, I actually prove it. For the past few years, I've been learning piano and keyboard all the way up till primary six, where my mother told me to drop it due to having PSLE. Since then, I stopped all music activities for a few months before starting it all again. I didn't play another music instrument until I had sudden interest in playing the guitar. Finally, I had the courage to ask my father to get me a guitar for christmas last year and it succeeded. So, I switched from piano to guitar and now currently taking up guitar lesson at a music school.


Isn't it just amazing to see how far people are willing to go just to enjoy their own hobby? I mean, let's take my mother for an example, she LOVES dancing so much that she's willing to send my sister and herself to thailand just to get a dancing partner, also spending thousands of dollars on just dancing lessons alone. Hey, I'm no exception as well. All those people who have just read this, I feel very grateful just to have acknowledge this or give pointers, but I wish you would also put down what your interests are and how far you're willing to go just for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment